Tuesday, September 05, 2017 10:40 pm
Salvation Army collecting for Hurricane Harvey victims
The Salvation Army is accepting donations to help those affected by Hurricane Harvey.
K & S Pallets has delivered a semi trailer to The Salvation Army parking lot at 2901 N. Clinton St. It is available to fill with donations. Once full, they will pay a driver to deliver it to a designated distribution site where it will be sorted and sent in to the disaster areas where survivors need it most. All of the donations will go to hurricane survivors or those helping them.
Salvation Army Collection Guidelines:
· The Salvation Army is only collecting these three types of products:
Food items must be packaged in sturdy cans, boxes or bags. Avoid items packaged in glass. Acceptable items include:
· Canned meals (soup, stews, chili)
· Tuna (or other canned meats)
· Boxed instant meals (mac n cheese, hamburger helper)
· Peanut butter
· Canned fruit
· Canned vegetables
· Canned or bagged beans
· Pasta & spaghetti sauce
· Healthy snacks
Baby supplies may include formula, food, bottles, pacifiers, diapers and wipes.
· Hair brushes and combs
· Feminine hygiene products
· Body wipes
· Hand sanitizer
· Water and beverages.
· Chocolate and other candies.
· Perishable items, such as fresh fruit, vegetables, bread, and pastries.
Flour or sugar