Saturday, October 21, 2017 1:00 am
• Christ's Community Church, 10616 Liberty Mills Road, will have its Talents to Treasures, featuring handmade items and baked goods from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. today.
• St. James Lutheran Church, 1720 Indiana 930 E., New Haven, will have its annual Holiday Boutique and Bake Sale from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Oct. 28.
• United Faith Presbyterian Church, 616 W. Main St., will have a Crafty Ladies and Gents Fall Bazaar from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Oct. 28.
• Calvary United Methodist Church, 6301 Winchester Road, have a free kids fall fun festival from 1 to 3 p.m. Oct. 28.
• Bethany Lutheran Church Ladies Guild will have a rummage and bake sale from 8 a.m. to noon Oct. 28 at 2435 Engle Road.
• Zion Ev. Lutheran Church, 2313 Hanna St., will have the “500 Years Later The Reformation: A Roman Catholic Perspective” at 1:30 p.m. today. The event is free.
• Concordia Theologial Seminary, 6600 N. Clinton St., will have the lecture, “Reading Martin Luther: Some Reflections on the Translation and Publication of Luther's Works in English” by Dr. Benjamin T.G. Mayes, assistant professor of historical theology, at 4 p.m. Sunday in Luther Hall.
• Plymouth Congregational Church, 501 W. Berry St., with the Jesus Seminar on the Road program, will have a lecture from 7:30 to 9 p.m. Friday and a series of sessions from 9:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. Oct. 28. The event is led by guest scholars Dr. Robert J. Miller of Juniata College an Dr. Stephen J. Patterson of Willamette University, who will speak about how two non-canonical gospels are reshaping how scholars understand Jesus. Cost is $20 for the Friday lecture, $30 for each morning and afternoon session on Saturday or $60 for the whole weekend. For more information, go to www.westarinstitute.org/upcoming-events-calendar/fortwayne-2017/
• The Relationship of the Heart Conference/Workshop for men and women will be on Oct. 28 at the Allen County Public Library main branch, 900 Plaza Drive. Pre-registration is required and can be made at firstname.lastname@example.org or relationshipswithn.wixsite.com/conferences.
Trinity United Methodist Church, 530 Guilford St., Huntington, will host the Place of Grace Benefit Concert at 2 p.m. Sunday. Features Huntington University Music Department, including the Huntington University Gospel Choir. Free admission but a freewill offering will be accepted.
Guidelight is a listing of special religious events. Send information to Guidelight, The Journal Gazette, 600 W. Main St., Fort Wayne, IN 46802, or email email@example.com at least two weeks before desired publication.