Saturday, November 04, 2017 1:00 am
• Whitehorse Biker Church, 408 East Main St., Van Wert, Ohio, will host Kirk and Janelle Wade, author of “Out of Darkness,” from 10 a.m. to noon Sunday.
• Anthony Wayne First Church of God, 6012 South Bend Drive, will have a chili supper and bake sale from 4 to 7 p.m. Friday.
• Peace United Church of Christ, 9123 Aboite Center Road, will have its annual Christmas bazaar from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Nov. 11.
• Sonrise Church, 10125 Illinois Road, will have the free seminar GriefShare – Surviving the Holidays from 7 to 8:30 p.m. Nov. 13. Registration is available at sonrisechurchevents.com.
• Concordia Theological Seminary, 6600 N. Clinton St., will have an advent preaching workshop by John T. Pless, assistant professor of pastoral ministry and missions, from 1:30 to 7:30 p.m. Tuesday. The workshop, “Prepare the Waye – A Sermon Series Based Upon Oratio, Meditatio, Tentatio,” costs $40. Registration is available at www.ctsfw.edu.
• Indiana Center for Middle East Peace will host Marc Ellis at 6:30 p.m. Thursday at Plymouth Congregational Church, 501 W. Berry St. Ellis' presentation is titled, “I Couldn't Have Arrived Here Without You – A Reflection on My Encounters with Dorothy Day, Daniel Berrigan, Edward Said, Mary Knoll, Naim Ateek, Rosemary Ruether and Richard Rubenstein” on the 30th anniversary of his “Toward a Jewish Theology of Liberation.”
Concordia Theological Seminary, 6600 N. Clinton St., will have an organ recital by Ken Cowan at 4:30 p.m. Sunday and an All Saints' Choral Vespers with the Concordia Lutheran High School Chamber Choir and the Seminary Schola, Cantorum, at 7:30 p.m. Sunday. On Monday at 7:30 p.m. will be the Hymn Festival with the Seminary Kantorei and organists Kantor Kevin Hildebrand and Associate Kantor Matthew Machemer.
Guidelight is a listing of special religious events. Send information to Guidelight, The Journal Gazette, 600 W. Main St., Fort Wayne, IN 46802, or email email@example.com at least two weeks before desired publication.