Saturday, December 02, 2017 1:00 am
PEOPLE AND PLACES
• Cornerstone Youth Center, 19819 Monroeville Road, Monroeville, will have its annual cookie walk and poinsettia sale from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. today.
• The Firehouse Christmas Bazaar Extravaganza will be from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. today at 6700 Moeller Road.
• West Lakes Association, 601 North Orange St., Albion, will have a craft bazaar, bake sale and chili cook off from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. today.
• Alpha-1 Foundation is hosting Joel Africk, president and CEO of the Respiratory Health Association who will be speaking to patients, caregivers and healthcare providers at 11:30 a.m. today. The free luncheon will be at the CASA Banquet Room, 7545 W. Jefferson Blvd. Africk will speak on the “The Importance of Advocacy for Families Affected by COPD.”
• The Indiana Heart Gallery, a traveling photo exhibit featuring portraits of children in need of adoptive families, will be at Brewha Coffee House, 120 N. Main St., Columbia City, through Dec. 11.
• The Pathfinder Kids Kampus Turkey Trot raised more than $25,000 during the Thanksgiving Day race.
• Mike's Carwash will be raising money for Toys for Tots at any location today. Mike's will donate $1 for every Ultimate car wash purchased to the program.
• Richville United Methodist Church is collecting money to purchase Kevlar vests for police canines in local counties. To donate, checks can be sent to the church at 11009 CR 50, Ligonier, IN 46767.
Woodburn Community Association is conducting its annual lighting contest. Businesses and residents are asked to have their lights on Dec. 9 and 10 for judging. For those outside Woodburn city limits and wanting to participate can register at Woodburn City Hall, call 466-5976 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Winners will be announced Dec. 12.
Plunge sign up
Special Olympics Indiana and Special Olympics Allen County is seeking registrations for its Polar Plunge from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Feb. 10 at Metea County Park. To register, go to polarplungein.org.
Worship for Shut-Ins, a weekly religious TV program produced by Lutheran Ministries Media, has changed its name to Worship Anew. The name change will begin Sunday.