Saturday, September 01, 2018 1:00 am
PEOPLE AND PLACES
• Women's Care Center raised $229,000 through its golf classic for its Allen County centers, which offers resources to pregnant women.
• The Dollar General Literacy Foundation awarded grants to the following organizations: $3,000, Allen County Education Partnership; $3,000, Boys & Girls Clubs of Fort Wayne; and $2,000, Boys & Girls Club of Huntington.
• The Fort Wayne Museum of Art received a $25,000 grant from Wells Fargo & Co. to help target the community's underserved audiences.
• Whitetails Unlimited awarded a $2,000 grant to Hoosiers Feeding the Hungry to help pay for processing fees on donated large game and livestock.
• The Waterfield Foundation awarded a $5,000 grant to Easterseals Arc of Northeast Indiana to support recreational activities for people with intellectual and developmental disabilities.
• Volunteers are needed for the Little River Clean-Up beginning at 8:30 a.m. Sept. 15. Volunteers will help clear the waterway by removing trash and other debris from a 11/2 mile stretch of the Little River in the Huntington area. Participants will meet at the Forks of the Wabash Park, 3011 W. Park, Huntington. For more information or to volunteer, call 765-914-2324 or email Collin Huffine at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• The Pathfinder Home Ownership Center is seeking volunteers and site supervisors for the Volunteer Income Tax Assistance program. For more information or to volunteer, 260-355-2510 or email email@example.com.
Erin's House for Grieving Children will host speaker Dr. David J. Schonfeld, founder and director of the National Center for School Crisis and Bereavement, from 8:30 a.m. to noon Sept. 8 at Indiana Tech, Multiflex Theater, 1600 E. Washington Blvd. The workshop is free. To register, call 423-2466.