Skip to main content

The Journal Gazette

  • FILE - In this May 14, 2013, file photo, O.J. Simpson appears at an evidentiary hearing in Clark County District Court in Las Vegas. Simpson's attorney says the former football star has been banned from The Cosmopolitan hotel-casino in Las Vegas. Attorney Malcolm LaVergne on Thursday, Nov. 9, 2017, told The Associated Press that Simpson received a trespass notice from the hotel Wednesday. (Ethan Miller via AP, Pool, File)

Friday, November 10, 2017 7:30 am

Attorney: O.J. Simpson banned from Las Vegas hotel-casino

Associated Press

LAS VEGAS -- O.J. Simpson's attorney says the former football star has been banned from The Cosmopolitan hotel-casino in Las Vegas.

Attorney Malcolm LaVergne on Thursday told the Associated Press that Simpson received a trespass notice from the hotel Wednesday. He denied that Simpson was intoxicated or belligerent while at the Las Vegas Strip property.

LaVergne said Simpson was not given a reason for the ban. He said Simpson contacted his parole officer Thursday and underwent drug and alcohol tests, which were negative.

The hotel in a statement said it does not comment on its guests.

Simpson was paroled from a Nevada prison last month after serving nine years for armed robbery and assault with a weapon in an ill-fated bid to retrieve memorabilia. He is living in a Las Vegas gated community.