Saturday, September 16, 2017 1:00 am
• Sonrise Church, 10125 Illinois Road, will host Elvina Arventii, who will share her story of growing up in poverty in Ukraine and receiving a shoebox from Operation Christmas Child, at 2:30 p.m. today.
• Ossian United Methodist Church, 201 W. Mill St., will have a bake sale and bazaar from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. today and a salad bar from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. today. Cost is $8 adults, $5 kids ages 5 to 10 and free for children ages 4 and younger.
• St. James Lutheran Church, 1720 Indiana 930 E., New Haven, will have a previously loved book sale from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. today.
• The local Bahá'i community of Fort Wayne will mark the 200th anniversary of the birth of Bahá'u'lláh, founder of the Baha'i faith, with a tree planting at 10 a.m. Tuesday in Bloomingdale Park.
• The Fresh Fire Fresh Oil Conference, hosted by Isaiah 61 Ministries in Fort Wayne, will be from 9:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. on Sept. 30 at Memorial Coliseum, 4000 Parnell Ave. An evening banquet with guest speaker Bishop Clarence Eldridge will be at 5:30 p.m. Cost is $37.50. For more information or to register, go to www.isaiah61ministriesinc.com. Deadline to register is Wednesday.
• Trinity Lutheran Church, 7819 Decatur Road, will have a fall rummage and bake sale from 4 to 7 p.m. Thursday and 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Friday. A $2 bag sale will be from 9 a.m. to noon Sept. 22.
The Associated Churches Festival Choir will have a Kick Off Party at 6 p.m. Sunday at Forest Park Methodist Church, 2100 Kentucky Ave. Singers are invited to attend, view new music and eat a catered meal. Those interested will have an opportunity to learn more about the choir.
Guidelight is a listing of special religious events. Send information to Guidelight, The Journal Gazette, 600 W. Main St., Fort Wayne, IN 46802, or email email@example.com at least two weeks before desired publication.