Skip to main content

The Journal Gazette

Friday, January 12, 2018 1:00 am

Garrett woman dies of CO poisoning

JAMIE DUFFY | The Journal Gazette

The DeKalb County coroner's office is investigating why a 70-year-old woman died of carbon monoxide poisoning Wednesday morning at her rental home in Garrett.

About 8 a.m., the coroner's office was called to 121 S. Walsh St., where Patricia Sampson was found dead from carbon monoxide poisoning, Deputy Coroner Cindy Hanes said.

Two men in the one-story house were taken to a hospital in Fort Wayne, Hanes said. She did not have an update on their conditions.

“We're still investigating to figure out what exactly happened with this,” Hanes said Thursday.