Skip to main content

The Journal Gazette

Saturday, January 05, 2019 1:00 am

Man's death in Wallen Road fire ruled an accident

JAMIE DUFFY | The Journal Gazette

A man who was killed in a northwest Allen County house fire in November died from smoke inhalation and thermal burns, the county coroner's office said Friday.

Nathan L. Sliger's death was ruled an accident, the coroner said.

Sliger, 55, was the only one home when the house at 5202 W. Wallen Road burst into flames and exploded around 7:30 a.m. The Indiana fire marshal's office said a liquefied petroleum gas leak caused the fire, which was ruled accidental.

When firefighters from the Washington Township Fire Department arrived, the three-story home was engulfed in flames and several explosions were heard, fire Chief Rob Roy said.

Neighbors also said they heard explosions. Heavy equipment was brought in to sift through the debris.

jduffy@jg.net