Tuesday, December 05, 2017 1:00 am
Ball State at Notre Dame
Records: Ball State (4-4, 0-0 MAC); No. 9 Notre Dame (7-1, 0-0 ACC)
When: 7 p.m. today
Where: Purcell Pavilion at the Joyce Center, South Bend
TV: ACC Network Extra/ESPN3
• Ball State has won three straight behind a balanced offensive attack, placing five scorers in double figures against all three opponents: Indiana State, Oakland City and IUPUI. Eight different BSU players have reached double figures during that stretch, while Tahjai Teague, Tayler Persons and Sean Sellers have scored double figures in all three.
• The Cardinals are shooting 56.5 percent from the floor during their three-game winning streak.
• Sophomore forward Tahjai Teague ranks among the top 10 in the MAC in field goal percentage (.660, 2nd), steals (1.6, 6th), rebounding (7.6, 7th) and blocks (1.0, 9th). Teague (10.9 points per game) is also one of three Ball State players averaging double-figure scoring, along with Persons (15.3) and Kyle Mallers (12.0).
• The Irish suffered their first loss last week, 81-63 at No. 3 Michigan State, and bounced back with a 71-53 victory Sunday over St. Francis Brooklyn.
• Preseason All-American Bonzie Colson leads the Irish with 18.8 points and 9.8 rebounds per game.
• Notre Dame is playing its 18th season under coach Mike Brey, who has led the Irish to the NCAA Tournament 12 times.
– Journal Gazette