Skip to main content

The Journal Gazette

Tuesday, September 17, 2019 3:56 pm

Dog saved from burning home

The Journal Gazette

A dog was rescued from a house fire in Fort Wayne Tuesday afternoon.

Fort Wayne firefighters were called to 3228 Wendover Road just before 2:30 p.m. and found fire coming out of the garage and family room door of a one-story home, a statement from the department said.

The resident of the home was able to escape without injury, but crews were told her dog was still inside. The dog was found alive and returned to its owner, the statement said.

The fire was under control in eight minutes, causing moderate smoke and fire damage and minor water damage.