A 73-year-old Fort Wayne man has been identified as the victim of a Tuesday afternoon house fire in his Felger Road home, the Allen County coroner's office said today.
Neal Edward Jordan died accidentally from smoke inhalation and thermal burns, the coroner's office said in a statement following an autopsy.
Firefighters were called to a home in the 4300 block of Felger Road about 3:30 p.m. and found the home to be engulfed in flames, the statement said.
Once the fire was under control, it said, Jordan was located within the residence and death was pronounced at the scene.
The fire remains under investigation by the Allen County sheriff's department, the Indiana State Fire Marshal's office and the coroner's office.