• Parkview Community nursing team will conduct a cancer screening and awareness event from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. today at Weisser Park, 802 Eckhart St. Health services for mammograms, immunizations and prostate cancer screening blood tests will be offered.
• The Allen County SPCA will offer same day adoptions of dogs and cats as part of the PetSmart Charities National Adoption event from noon to 3 p.m. today and Sunday at PetSmart, 10260 Maysville Road. The SPCA shelter at 4914 S. Hanna St. will be closed today and Sunday because of the event.
• The Jewish Federation is taking part in “Curiosity Day” by celebrating the birthday of H.A. Rey, creator of the “Curious George” books. The event will be from noon to 2 p.m. Sunday at Barnes & Noble, Jefferson Pointe, 4140 W. Jefferson Blvd.
• The Forbes Team of Re/Max Results raised $9,480 for Riley Children's Foundation during its golf outing in June.
• Scoops Ice Cream in Angola, along with Re/Max Results, donated more than $3,500 to Riley Children's Hospital Foundation.
• Wells Fargo gave the YMCA of Greater Fort Wayne $100,000 to support youth programs at Renaissance Pointe YMCA, the YMCA Youth Service Bureau and 41 YMCA before and after school sites in Allen, Whitley and Wells counties.
• AWS Foundation awarded $25,000 to the Fort Wayne Philharmonic for its first sensory-friendly concert on April 19.
• The Disorderly Bear Den of Good Bears of the World donated teddy bears to the New Haven Fire Department and recently gave 240 Good Bears to sheriff's departments in northeast Indiana and 168 bears to VA hospitals in Fort Wayne and Marion.
YWCA Northeast Indiana is seeking nominations for its Peggy Hobbs award that honors a community volunteer. Nominations are due Sept. 30 and can be made at https://ywcanein.com.
Northrop High School class of 1974 will have its reunion at 5:30 p.m. Oct. 4 at the high school and 6 p.m. Oct. 5 at the Boys and Girls Club, 2609 Fairfield Ave. Tickets from the event will benefit the Boys and Girls Club. Tickets, from $50 to $100 VIP, can be purchased at www.eventbrite.com or https://bit.ly/2YJfsag.