Saturday, September 28, 2019 1:00 am
• Fort Wayne United's TenPoint Coalition will have Prayer in the Park at 6 p.m. Sunday at Weisser Park Youth Center, 802 Eckart St. In addition, prayer walks will be at 6 p.m. Monday and Tuesday beginning at Weisser Park Youth Center.
• Harvest Community Church, 1011 Town St., Kendallville, will host a prayer event by the Kick the Addiction from 5 to 7 p.m. Oct. 5. The event will allow participants to pray over active and recovering addicts, families of addicts and overdose victims' families.
• First Wayne Street United Methodist Church, 300 E. Wayne St., will have a “Blessing of the Animals” from 1:30 to 3 p.m. today.
• University of Saint Francis will celebrate its patron saint, Francis of Assisi, with the following events at its campus, 2701 Spring St.: Blessing of the pets, 6:15 p.m. Sunday at Brookside; The Transitus, 7 p.m. Thursday at St. Francis chapel; and Eucharistic Celebration (Mass), 11:30 a.m. Friday at St. Francis Chapel.
• Grace Episcopal Church, 10010 Aurora Drive, will celebrate its 20th anniversary with Holy Eucharist and special music at 9:30 a.m. Sunday. A potluck lunch will follow.
• First Christian Church, 4800 S. Calhoun St., will have an all-you-can-eat fish and chicken dinner by Dan's Fish Fry Service from 4 to 7 p.m. Friday. Cost is $10 adults, $6 ages 3 to 11 and free for ages 2 and younger.
• The following churches are participating in the National Solar Tour, which recognizes places of worship that have gone solar: Beacon Heights Church of the Brethren, 2810 Beacon St., from noon to 1:30 p.m. Oct. 5, and Taylor Chapel United Methodist Church, 10145 Maysville Road, from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Oct. 5.
• First Presbyterian Church, 300 W. Wayne St., will present Purdue Bells at 3 p.m. Sunday. A freewill offering will be accepted.
• Abundant Life Church, 3301 Coliseum Blvd. E., will have its 48th annual conference, “Unity in Diversity: Understanding Racial Reconciliation,” Oct. 7, 8 and 9. Speakers include David and Marlinda Ireland, Herb Flint, Dennis Kutzner, Melvin Burns, Doug Malear, Duane and Amanda Grant, Chuck and Paris Maine and Willie and Rhonda Bolden. For more information, go to www.cmiglobal.info.
Guidelight is a listing of special religious events. Send information to Guidelight, The Journal Gazette, 600 W. Main St., Fort Wayne, IN 46802, or email firstname.lastname@example.org at least two weeks before desired publication.