• Matthew 25 Health and Dental Clinic of Fort Wayne received a $110,000 grant from the PHP Foundation for general operating support of the clinic.
• Allen County SPCA will receive $30,000 from Bob Rohrman Subaru of Fort Wayne and Subaru of America. Bob Rohrman Subaru chose the SPCA as its hometown charity choice for the 2019 Share the Love Event.
• Maple Leaf Farms has donated 50 sets of bedding to Fellowship Missions, which offers emergency shelter and other assistance to those in need in the Warsaw community.
• Indiana Department of Natural Resources Division of Historic Preservation and Archaeology named Thomas Sprunger of Monroe the winner of the “Best Altered Image” award as part of the Historic Preservation Month photo contest. Sprunger submitted a photo of the old schoolhouse in Hartford Township in Adams County.
• The community board of the Cedar Creek subdivision in Leo-Cedarville announced that Lexi Hoggatt, a sixth-grader at Leo Elementary, won its essay contest. The theme was “Why I Like Living in Cedar Creek subdivision in Leo, Indiana, United States of America.” Hoggatt received a certificate and $25 gift card.
• Easterseals Arc of Northeast Indiana announced the following recipients of its annual staff and participant awards: Staff – Rosena Jules, Purpose Award; Destinee Walters, Seeing the Whole You Award; Allison Turner, Drive to Achieve Award; Suzanne Vertigan, Paving the Way Award; Phisamay Khaysavang “PK” Wilkins, Stronger Together Award; Fawn McBride, Direct Support Professional of the Year; and Employment Services, program of the year; participants of the year, David Clark, Mary Walters, Caitlin Fraze, William Shultz, George Mielke, Tracy Jones and Aaron Littlejohn.
McMillen Health is seeking nominations for its Vitality Awards, which honor businesses and individuals who are working to create a healthy community. Nominations can be made through June 19 at mcmillenhealth.org.