• The Rotary Club of Fort Wayne has installed a Little Free Library in front of the Helmke Library at IPFW.
• American Guerrilla, which owns Guerrilla CrossFit, a local CrossFit gym at 158 E. Collins Drive, is raising $2,000 to help end veteran suicide. The local gym is owned by Justin Springer, also a local veteran. To donate, go to http://donate.stopsoldiersuicide.org, or go to Guerrilla CrossFit at 10 a.m. May 25 for $10 workouts and a BBQ and silent auction.
• The National Association of Letter Carriers, the U.S. Postal Service and Feeding America will have its annual Stamp Out Hunger event today. Residents are asked to put non-perishable food items in provided bags next to their mail boxes for mail carriers to pick up.
• Aunt Millie’s Bakeries donated a delivery truck to the nonprofit NeighborLink Fort Wayne. The truck will be outfitted to become a mobile tool trailer to help with home repair.
• Northwestern Mutual gave $15,000 to Big Brothers Big Sisters of Northeast Indiana. The contribution honors Kevin Bontrager, a recipient of the company’s Community Service Award.
• The following members of the Genbu-Kai Karate of Indiana in Huntington won awards in the Invitational Karate Tournament and Seminars in Pittsburg, Kansas: Amanda Anderson, first place adult JKG black belt Kobudo Kata, first place adult black belt open division Kobudo Kata and fourth place black belt women’s Kata; Melanie Anderson, first place red belt Girls Kumite, first place Junior Advanced Kobudo Kata and second place red belt girls Kata; and Yuko Minka, third place black belt women’s Kata and third place black belt women’s Kumite.
• Magdalena Mendez was awarded the Healing Hearts Volunteer Award by Erin’s House for Grieving Children during its Common Bond Breakfast Fundraiser. The fundraiser raised nearly $95,000.
• Big Brothers Big Sisters awarded local entrepreneur Jerome "Jerry" Henry Jr. with its 2015 Don Wolf Award at its annual Gourmet Dinner.
• The American Red Cross of Northeast Indiana presented its 2015 Humanitarian of the Year Award to Mike Packnett, president and CEO of Parkview Health.