The Allen County Department of Environmental Management is reminding residents they have until Saturday to recycle their live Christmas trees.
Trees can be dropped off for free at six locations throughout the county.
• Fort Wayne Bio-Solids Handling Facility, 6202 Lake Ave., 7 a.m. to 3 p.m. today
• North Highway Department Building, 2234 Carroll Road, open daily from dawn to dusk
• Metea County Park, 8401 Union Chapel Road, 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. daily
• Little River Wetlands Project, 5000 Smith Road, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. through Saturday
• New Haven Utility Shop, 2201 Summit St., New Haven, open daily from dawn to dusk
• Monroeville Water Works Department, 200 Utility Drive, Monroeville, open daily from dawn to dusk.
Live trees will not be accepted with normal garbage collection. Residents must remove all lights, ornaments, and plastic bags prior to recycling.
– Journal Gazette