The Journal Gazette
 
 
Saturday, December 09, 2017 1:00 am

Murder trial in slayings of 4 may be delayed

MATTHEW LEBLANC | The Journal Gazette

The trial for a Fort Wayne man facing the death penalty in the slayings of four people – one of them his unborn child – will likely be delayed.

Prosecutors and a lawyer for Marcus Dansby told Allen Superior Court Judge Fran Gull on Friday that depositions and other documents still must be gathered. The trial had been set to start Feb. 21; a new date has not been set.

Gull set a pre-trial conference for Jan. 12.

Dansby, who was in court Friday morning, is charged with killing Traeven Harris, 18, Consuela Arrington, 37, Dajahiona Arrington, 18, and her unborn child, which was later determined to be his. Trinity Hairston suffered gunshot and stab wounds but survived.

The killings happened in a home on Holton Avenue on the morning of Sept. 11, 2016.

According to court documents, a man inside the house woke up to the sound of gunshots around 4 a.m. He called police and went upstairs to find Dansby, covered in blood, placing something that looked like a sheet over Consuela Arrington, investigators said. Dajahiona Arrington was 81/2 months pregnant at the time and was shot in the head. 

Police at the scene found a knife and a gun, each covered in blood. 

Dansby is charged with four counts of murder and one count of attempted murder.

Prosecutors in January filed paperwork to seek the death penalty.  

mleblanc@jg.net


Share this article

Email story

Subscribe to our newsletters

* indicates required
Newsletters