The Journal Gazette
 
 
Saturday, March 23, 2019 1:00 am

Fire

Wiring to blame for motel blaze

Journal Gazette

A fire caused by electric wiring in the basement damaged a motel near Pokagon State Park on Friday morning, the Angola Fire Department said. No one was injured.

Firefighters were called to American Inn, 3980 Indiana 127 N., at 7:30 a.m. and found a two-story building with heavy fire visible from the first and second story. The blaze was controlled within a half hour.

The fire started in the basement and spread up the stairs to the second floor, the statement said.


Sign up for our crime and courts newsletter

Sent daily when events warrant

Share this article