The Journal Gazette
 
 
Saturday, January 11, 2020 1:00 am

Convicted molester facing charges again

JAMIE DUFFY | The Journal Gazette

When police investigated the child molesting case, they found the alleged molester had been convicted of the same charge in 1998.

Paul Edward Reichert, 62, who gave no home address, was identified as the man who molested a 9-year-old girl twice between December and January, according to court documents.

Reichert was charged Friday with two counts of child molesting, five counts of child pornography possession and one count of child exploitation.

A further investigation by Fort Wayne Officer John Chambers revealed that Reichert had several photos of naked young girls on his Apple iPhone, some of them performing sex acts on adult men, court documents said.

About 5:30 p.m. Sunday, police were called to a residence in the city's Creighton Avenue area regarding a child molesting. Witnesses said Reichert was seen sitting in a bedroom with the girl. Her head was beneath a blanket, court documents said.

Reichert confessed to the sex acts the girl described to police and forensic interviewers. He also said he was “alone and bored,” when he searched and saved several images and videos containing child pornography, court documents. 

Reichert was being held at the Allen County Jail in lieu of $80,000 bail. He has a court hearing Wednesday.

jduffy@jg.net


Sign up for our crime and courts newsletter

Sent daily when events warrant

Share this article