The Journal Gazette
Sunday, October 23, 2016 4:50 am

Where to go for help

Dave Gong | The Journal Gazette

The following organizations offer help to youth wanting to kick an opioid addiction.

The Landing

Location: Come2Go Ministries, 323 W. Baker St., Fort Wayne

Contact: Tom Heil at

According to its website, The Landing is a ministry for students age 13-19 who need help overcoming issues including but not limited to addiction. The Landing meets at 6:30 p.m. Wednesdays at Come2Go Ministries.

Remedy Live

Location: 24/7 live online chat service for young adults.

Contact: Click on "Chat Now With A SoulMedic" at the top of the screen. Participation is semi-anonymous and participants must be at least 13 years old. According to its website, Remedy Live aims to help young adults who struggle with numerous issues, including addiction, depression, suicide, eating disorders and abuse. Remedy Live is not a counseling or therapy facility, but connects people with available resources.

Northeastern Center

Location: 220 S. Main St., Kendallville

Contact: 260-347-2453, Northeastern Center has facilities in DeKalb, LaGrange, Noble and Steuben counties.

The Bowen Center

Locations in Fort Wayne, Warsaw and throughout northeast Indiana.

Contact: 1-800-342-5653,

Substance Abuse and Mental Health ServiceAdministration

This national organization provides a map of doctors in each state who specialize in treating heroin or opiate addiction. Visit and click on Indiana or type in a specific city or county to find doctors.

Park Center

Location: 909 E. State St.; 1909 Carew St.

Contact: 260-481-2700,

Multicultural Health Initiative

Available through various providers in northeast Indiana. Visit for more information.

– Dave Gong, The Journal Gazette

Sign up for our daily headlines newsletter

Top headlines are sent daily