Assistant Features Editor Corey McMaken is a Fort Wayne native and has been with The Journal Gazette since 2004. He writes about food, arts, events and area history.
email@example.com | 260-461-8475
Stories by Corey McMaken
Be a Tourist in Your Own Hometown offers free admission to 19 Fort Wayne attractions on Sunday.
September 10, 2021 1:00 am
In the evening of Oct. 17, 1947, a tractor-trailer rig hit a bridge support on US Highway 427, causing the bridge floor to fall about 12...
September 9, 2021 1:00 am
- Lemon livens up potatoes
- Summer Album 2021: Readers share favorite memories
- From the pages of history
- Spotlight: Local artist John Wade III
- December 1903: John W. Terrell murder trial
- Taste of the Arts plans art trail through downtown Fort Wayne
- Local sisters compete in 'Magic Bake-Off'
- Fort Wayne Philharmonic announces season for youth programs
- Elm disease consumed decades
- Director has full-circle moment with 'Gods Favorite'
- Spotlight: Dan Dickerson, The Harp Condition
- Fort Wayne Artists Guild highlights plein air work with activities, exhibits
- April 24, 1951: Streetcars rust in junkyard
- Emotions put into dance for "Collective Expressions"
- Classic ballets among company's fall plans
- July 14, 1984: Canoe wedding on the St. Marys
- Philharmonic announces sensory show, family concerts and chamber series
- Chaos, fans enjoyed by opener of series
- Dragon boats return to Promenade Park
- July 16, 1947: Flash flooding in city
- Muffins to grab for breakfast – or dessert
- Covington Art Fair returns after year off
- Dec. 4, 1950: Clogged intake slows water in city
- Spotlight: Aaron Hawley stars in "Les Misérables"
- Civic opens season with bawdy, silly 'Forum'
- July 3, 1969: Work on City-County Building
- Large donation of glass art headlines museum exhibition
- June 17, 1966: Swimming lessons go from fear to fun
- Many Three Rivers Festival favorites back
- Library's Rock the Plaza returning in August
- Local musicians to take spotlight
- June 1976: Carving Johnny Appleseed
- Pack picnic of chicken salad
- Bursting in air: Fireworks displays set for Fort Wayne, area
- Conservatory takes visitors to Old West
- March 6, 1948: 4-H Charm School
- 2021-22 theater season takes shape in area
- Fort Wayne Philharmonic returns to performances with 'Patriotic Pops' series
- June 29, 1952: Dedicating airport terminal